Day 152 Australia, Sydney, Cronulla.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 18th 2015
Published: April 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



Today we left beautiful Manly, after having a lovely, educational morning with Bobby and Martha; Martha made us a green fruit and veg juice that was delicious. She takes all these shakes for her arthritis and for her general health, she had throat cancer and using just natural ingredients she has cured herself!!! Very impressive and we cant wait to start doing the same once home!!!



We went into the town of Manly markets to look around in the morning, we found out it was Bobby and Martha’s 19th Anniversary today and felt so bad we didn’t get them anything!!! L We offered to walk around on our own and let them have the morning together but she was meeting friends and Bobby wanted to show us around. We loved it and like normal wanted to buy everything but got nothing!! (My bag is 19kg and can’t get heavier!!!) After saying all our goodbyes we headed to the ferry and headed into the city.





We planned to meet the girls, Becky and Rebecca as we were selling them the tickets to the Blue Mountains as we didn’t need them and it saved them 15 dollars. We had a chat and then they had to head off and we had to head to Cronulla.





We were staying with our friends Jade and Erin who we met on the Darwin to Melbourne tour, they phoned and said they would meet us in Redfern as it was easier to drive to us and put our bags in the boot. It was only one tube stop away to meet them. As we got there earlier we had a delicious lunch at this bistro (an amazing beef sandwich and Vick had a gourmet steak pie). We met the girls and headed to the AFL match. (I forgot that they had given us free tickets for the Sydney derby).



We walked to the game and I was so impressed with it. They had 30,000 people plus for it. It was Vick and my first ever AFL match and it was really good, we had to support the Swans as it was the girls team!! It is played in the cricket off-season so it was at the Sydney cricket ground. (3rd Cricket stadium in Oz now seen). Swans dominated it and won it easy, which everyone seemed happy with. (Also no segregation so all fans together!!!).



We headed back and decided to get some beers in on the way, they have a really nice top floor two bed flat and we had our own room. (Spoilt again!!) We sat drinking and chatting, Vick and Jade went to bed and while watching the TV and talking it was 3am and all the beers drunk (Case of 24 oops).



We then decided to head to bed, as we were shattered.



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb