Day 151 Australia, Sydney, Manly.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
April 17th 2015
Published: April 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Followers,



Bobby dropped Neil and I at the Manly port terminal around 8am, where we caught the ferry to the city, then the metro to the central train station, then the train to Katoomba, which is the station for the Blue Mountains.



The weather was not looking promising back in Manly and Sydney, but we had our fingers crossed for the Blue Mountains, which is two hours inland. However we were not lucky at all with the weather. It wasn’t raining, but after the downpour in the night, all the paths were wet and muddy. The fog was so think on the roads that it was probably about a 10m visibility. So the views over the vast mountains were non-existent.



If you are going to the Blue mountain, we would definitely recommend going yourself as opposed to a prepaid tour, which are really expensive for what you get. We got the 2 hour direct train there for around $8, then when we came out of that train station, right in front of the exit is the Explorer bus ($35) for all day hop on hop off bus. It’s on an hour loop, which you can do as many times as you like, and also visit everything that most of the tours don’t always include. If you want to do all the cable cars, then it’s $35 paid at bus stop 9 for all 4 rides.



On the bus, the driver gave us two free tickets to use on another day, it’s also blank so we may be able to put in the code for the rides that we didn’t pay for today… We only stayed for a few hours; saw the Katoomba waterfall and that was it-the weather just didn’t allow us to see the sights. As we were leaving for the train, the lady at the Explorer bus ticket place asked if the day had been ok with the weather, she too wrote on the top of our original tickets for entry for another day. We came away disappointed that we hadn’t seen anything but happy we now had 4 tickets.



On the 2-hour train back to Sydney, we emailed the Becky’s who we knew were in Sydney if they wanted to buy two of our tickets from us for $20 each. They did and so we arranged to meet them tomorrow.



One returning to Manly about 6pm, we were met by Bobby at the port, who drove us back to his house, and Martha had cooked another fantastic meal (Peruvian style). We drank beer and chatted about Peru and her family before heading out to the bar RSL, where we had some beers, listened to the live band playing, and played on the pokies for a short while. Neil went on the first machine put $10 in and won $100 back instantly amazing!!



We got in about 11pm, and we headed to sleep. Apart from a disappointing day, we had a lovely evening.





Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb