Spring Break Sydney style


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 25th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Heya! So, I thought I'd best update about my spring break. We had off from the 20-24 and I went with 2 people down to Sydney. I stayed with Erica in a hostel and Jessica stayed with her sister in a hotel that actually ended up being really close to where we were. It was AMAZING.

On Thursday it took a while for us to get from the airport to the hostel. Once there we checked in and then met up with Jessica and went out to dinner to this pizza place. A very fancy pizza place. It was sooooo nice to eat good pizza. Finally. It made me very happy. =) Even if we were way under dressed for the style of the restaurant and even if it was quite pricey. We ate dessert there as well. And then on the walk back we were kinda still a bit hungry so we got these mini pies at a place called the Pie Face. They were delicious. We then just showered in Jessica's hotel in her amazing mecca of a shower. It was really fabulous. And then just hung out watching tv. Got to bed early.

Friday was great. Erica and I got up, had breakfest at the Pie Face and then took the subway into Circular Quay, which is where the harbour bridge and the opera house are. It was amazing. We went to the Contemporary Art Museum and checked that out. It was pretty neat. And free! yay! =) Then we took a ferry across the harbour to Taronga Zoo. Took many pictures during that ride. And at the zoo as well. The zoo was pretty fantastic. I got to see Koalas!! And other cool stuff. They had a section of tropical rainforest birds and it made us think of the center. We heard birds we hear every morning. It was kinda nice. hehe. Anyway we were there for a few hours, then checked out the gift shop and then took the ferry and then subway back to our hostel. We met up with Jessica and met her sister who had arrived earlier that day. Hung out in the hotel and then went back to Circular Quay for dinner. We ate at this nice Italian place that was on the harbour. Had a great view. It was really nice.

Saturday was really incredible. Erica and I got up, and decided we were going to walk rather than take the subway. So first we walked to the Australian Museum which was so incredibly cool. I took a ton of pictures. Then we walked from there into Circular Quay which actually didnt take too long. Got to see more of the city along the way. Once we got there we walked around and did some shopping at these markets we stumbled upon. And then, we went to this Thai place that we had scoped out. It was soooooo delicious! we got to eat outside on the balcony and the food was just absolutely amazing. It made us both very happy. =) So after that we walked to the harbour bridge and actually walked all the way across it and then back. Taking a million pictures of course. It was, again, incredible. After that we walked over to the opera house and saw it closer up. We also went inside but all we could see was the box office area. Without paying $30 for a tour. Which we did not do. Ah well. After that we walked to Darling Harbour. Which was also very nice. Just walked around there and found a park where we laid down in the grass and took a little nap in the sun. AMAZING. so great. relaxing. Then we walked back to circular quay and met up with Jessica and her sister. Took the subway into china town and had chinese food for dinner that was pretty good (although not the szechuan). Then back to shower and go to bed.

Sunday was probably my favorite day. Or tied with saturday anyway. We got up early and took the train/bus to Bondi Beach. OMG. First of all, it was a GORGEOUS day. Sunny and blue skies and hot. And the beach was absolutely breathtaking. I fell in love. Cletus, I thought especially of you. I really wish you could have been there. We laid on the sand for 2.5hours. I even slept a bit. And read. And briefly went in the ocean. I didn't want to leave. But I knew we had to cause we had other stuff we wanted to do. So I pulled myself away around lunch time. We walked down to the Bondi markets which were OK. didn't spend much time there cause most of the stuff was really expensive. We then got lunch to go and ate on the grass by the beach. After that we did this coastal walk. Along cliffs and stuff. 5km. Soooo beautiful. Took tons and tons of pictures. So the walk brought us all the way down to Coogee beach. There we got some ice cream and chilled for a bit. Then walked back. So yeah. By the end of that 10km we were pretty tired. Got dinner at the same place to go and took the train back to where our hostel was. We happened to run into Jessica and her sister there and they suggested going out to Circular Quay so we all showered and got dressed up and went to the Opera house bar. Which was recommended to us by one of our professors. lol. It was really nice. Awesome view. waaaay crazy expensive drinks. But Erica and I shared one so that made it slightly better. Had a nice time but we were all really tired so we made our way back and went to bed.

On Monday morning we got up and took the train to Circular Quay. Walked around the Royal Botanical Gardens, and then went to the Art Gallery of New South Wales which was pretty neat. And free once again. yay! =) Then sadly we had to take the train back, get our suitcase, and head to the airport. Made the plane fine. Had a good flight back. And got back "home" around 6:30pm.

It was such an amazing trip. I loved every minute of it. I am so very glad that I went. And now, tomorrow we leave for our field trip to Daintree. Which is supposed to be one of the coolest places ever. I am really excited. Will tell ya'll about it once I return! =)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb