Not enough action at Bondi beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
February 18th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cleaned up the living room from last nights antics, then bought our bus tickets from the 7-11 and travelled to Bondi Beach. Had Fishcakes and salad in a Seafront café then spent a few hours sleeping on the beach. The weather wasn’t so great today, it was a bit cloudy and cold, and the only rain cloud in the sky was right above us. Crackin. We were disappointed not to see any action on the beach. It's said to be the busiest and most famous beach in the world, and there’s a TV show called Bondi Rescue that suggests the Lifeguards save loads of people every day; as well as dealing with Sharks, Injured people, Missing Children and Drunks. But we didn't see a bean! We heard a siren and scouted the beach in hope it was a Shark Warning. Unfortunately not… it was an alarm from a Camper Van reversing in the car park.
Bought ingredients for this evening’s dinner, as we were cooking for Sam to say thanks for letting us stay. The supermarkets in Sydney don’t sell alcohol so you need to buy your bottles from the Liquor Stores instead. The girls picked up some wine from a Bottle Shop, but I was staying well away after drinking my weight in wine last night. Steph cooked us lovely pasta and El’s homemade cheesecake was fantastic. I managed to keep out of the kitchen... that "Too many cooks" saying works a treat!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb