Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
October 22nd 2012
Published: October 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

LighthouseLighthouseLighthouse

Byron Bay
We have booked a beach house in Byron Bay for the weekend for us and Jenni, Steve, Sophia and Alfie (Jenni’s dog). Mike is really looking forward to the weekend as he would like to get to know his little grand daughter and also to catch up with Jenni and Steve.



Well you know I said we booked a beach house well that is not quite right as it is around 10 mins by car from the beach - but to be honest it is a nice little place and quite homely.



So after we all get to Byron Bay we have a traditional Oz BBQ which was great. Next morning we are up bright and early and off we all trot into Byron Bay. Well all I can say is I love it. You can have your palm read, your angel read (yes we all have angels) whilst walking past surfers, people with dreadlocks, cool dudes it is such an eclectic place and quaint with it. So after a juice we go to a real live Lighthouse and walk to the most easterly point in Australia whilst looking out for snakes as there was
LighthouseLighthouseLighthouse

Byron Bay
a warning that they had been sighted - Australia has so many dangers, ha ha. Anyway after we went up to the Lighthouse we were all casually walking back Mike walking with Alfie and us all along side and one of the car park attendants comes up to us and asks how we got there - as we thought we got a car parking space that you did not have to pay for we were all hesitant saying how we got here - thinking we are going to be stung for $7 car park fees. Anyway we said we came in the car and that is when she tells Mike that you cannot bring dogs into the National Park and did we not see the signs! Well we apologised as none of us saw the signs so she let us go on our way as long as we got Alfie in the car quickly.



We then go back into Byron Bay and get some lunch in this great little place. So we sit down and Steve asks for some water for the table (which is free) and then the waiter comes over in about 5 minutes and asks do we want anything with the water errr. Like I said they are cool dudes in Byron Bay. So we order our food and then the waiter comes over and asks Jenni how was your Thai salad was it spicy - to which Jenni says no it was nice - then the waiter goes over to other customers and says “no its not too spicy” - which made us all laugh as we thought the waiter should have known that!! Cool dude strikes again.



We go back to the Beach House and another BBQ awaits but this time would you believe it the gas on the BBQ runs out - so grilling needs to take place otherwise we would all starve, ha ha



Sunday we decide to all go down to the Beach and Mike is now Alfie’s best friend so Alfie comes with us and to the beach we trot. Yes you guessed it dogs could not go on the beach we found so Mike and I left Jenni, Steve and Sophia to go down to the beach and we take Alfie back to Byron Bay as we were going off in an hour to see Owen and Vicki who we met in Halong Bay and they live around an hour away from Byron Bay.



We had a great catch up with Owen and Vicki. Vicki showed me around their house they have built - OMG it is really nice and large. When we left we said don’t forget you are welcome when you come over to the UK to stay with us - can we warn you that in England houses are not that big!



Jenni, Steve and Sophia had to get home on Sunday pm but we had another night in Byron Bay which gave us a little more time to explore today - love it - anyone going to New South Wales you must visit Byron Bay. So we make our way back and decide to go to Surfers Paradise. I think if this place was in England we would do it under the trades description act as it is a high rise place - looks like Benidorm in full swing. We did not like it very much - did see some fantastic property with major boats moored outside but give me Byron Bay any day - but that is only my opinion, remember.



We are now back in McDonalds just around the corner from Jenni’s. They have bush fires quite near so there is an air of burning around - hope it does not affect Mike’s asthma!

Advertisement



23rd October 2012

WiFi
Try local libraries and MacDonald's for wifi.
23rd October 2012

wifi
Thanks will do. Just gone to a local cafe and found wifi.

Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.19s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb