Byron Life


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
November 22nd 2010
Published: November 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Wollongong to Byron


And we are back and settling in just nicely to our routine here in Byron. We did the drive up from Wollongong in 2 days, staying the first night in Corindi, just north of Coffs Harbour. Then we rolled into Byron the next morning around 10:30am, and we already had a guest waiting for us – Tarra!

TP had flown in from Melbourne the night before to spend a long weekend with us and to soak up some warmer weather up this way. We got set up in our camping spot pretty quickly and made our way down to the beach. We had been missing this! The water is still a bit cold at the moment, only 19 degrees, but makes for a refreshing dip. Once you get in it's fine; it's just the getting in part that took TP and I awhile... quite awhile. You would think us Canadians would be used to cooler water...The surf wasn't great for the first few days, but has been getting better. Other than hanging out at the beach while TP was here there was some sampling of the Clamato juice we had brought back, a drive up to the markets in The Channon, a dinner at the Treehouse for some really good woodfired pizza, some of Brett's famous sushi and some wandering around town. Don't think Tarra wanted to leave at the end of it with the thought of going back to work,but only another month or so and then it's summer holidays for her (and the rest of Australia).

After Tarra left, we weren't alone long as Brett's aunt and uncle, Shelly and Dennis arrived and are staying about 15 minutes away from us for the next 2 weeks. It's been great to catch up with them, and 2 of our favorite dogs, since it's been ages, only unfortunate part has been the weather which hasn't really been cooperating... It's been a real mix of rain and sun. With some days more rain than sun. But then again, at least it's still warm, and we have been in wetter weather before, and the surf has been improving, so can't really complain to much. But like they are saying – the draught in Australia is over. We'd believe it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb