Another day, another week...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
December 7th 2010
Published: December 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well not much to report except thankfully we haven't washed away...

We are lucky that although we haven't been seeing a tonne of sun in the last week or 2; we are not getting as much rain as other parts of New South Wales, which are getting pounded with heavy rains and flooding in parts. And at least the rain breaks with a bit of sun. Then back to a bit of rain. Then back to some grey skies. Then back to a bit of sun, and then another sprinkle... well, you get the idea. It really does seem that Mother Nature can't make up her mind! But at least it's still warm. Temperatures have been in the mid to upper 20's most days, and getting down to 19 or 20 over night. And we haven't had to wear long pants or socks or shoes, so really nothing to complain about. But a little sun and beach time would be nice...

Other than talking about the weather, a few other things have been happening. Brett's aunt and uncle, Shelly and Dennis, were still here for a few more days so we spent a bit more time with them before they headed off, and now it seems that Christmas is slowly rolling into town. It does always feel a bit different to be in a warm climate and in summertime when it's Christmas. Especially when we hear of all the snow and cold weather Vancouver has been getting! Even Santa has had to change how he dresses here in Byron.

We have changed caravan parks too, since the one we were at gets reserved pretty much a year in advance for Christmas and Summer Holidays, so not much luck staying there if you aren't really planning ahead. But the spot we have moved to isn't to bad either – just a bit further down the beach, and right in town, so you get a bit more noise from the bars and the schoolies (who have finally left town, Yay!). And we have been getting the odd surf in when the waves are around, riding our bikes a bit, having a few cold ones at the Beach Hotel, and hitting alot of Bikram Yoga (to make up for the cold ones we had at the Beach Hotel) and I have been keeping pretty busy with work (to pay for those cold ones...)







Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb