Same Same but Different


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
December 23rd 2010
Published: December 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we are still here.

Still in Byron.

Still doing much of the same.

And people ask if we are sick of it yet? Nope. Not even close. Just need to buy a few lotto tickets so we can buy a house at Watego's. We have a few picked out...

The weather has been not to bad though, still a bit of rain, but also some great sunny days in there where it gets pretty steamy and humid, and everyone (including us) seems to flock to the beach to make the most of it. The water has warmed up alot as well, they say it's 23. Just about perfect. The waves have been hit or miss, but we have been getting out there a bit, and hitting our yoga, and I am finishing up some freelance design projects so it's actually been pretty busy. Don't know where the last couple weeks have gone - have we said that before???

Other than that, we spent a weekend up in Brisbane catching up with our friend (and Brett's boss) Simon, his son Elijah and the rest of his family at a bbq at Simon's sisters. The next day we all went to the History of Skateboarding Exhibit at the Brisbane Museum which was pretty cool, and they even had a little mini wooden bowl in there that you could skate. It was great to catch up with them, and to give them a few tips and must do's before they head over to Canada and Whistler for a Christmas snowboarding trip. Only wish we were going (that lotto win would come in handy here too), it sounds like there has been some pretty good snow so far back there. It was also a good weekend to be up in Brissy since we got a alot of rain that weekend in Byron, so it was good to miss that (and the inevitable cabin fever that goes with it). And we were glad to come back to see our caravan hadn't floated away, and no more leaks than normal during a heavy rain.

We have also moved caravan parks, yet again. Next year remind us to prebook way further in advance if we are coming here for Christmas or summer holidays! We are now about 5km out of town in a quiet little spot, and on another beach that is just as beautiful. So really no complaints here. Except for the sign telling us to watch out for brown snakes in this area (knock on wood, we haven't seen any yet). And no tv reception. Which was a bummer (since we normally get reception and most channels wherever we are), but now we are loving it, it's a nice break! We are outside most of the time anyways (or working for me lately), or reading, and we have the internet and have been renting a few dvd's, so it's been good. Back to the basics. Ha.

And now it's almost Christmas. Hard to believe – still doesn't feel like it here... Maybe tomorrow... Which I guess it better since tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Time to throw a couple shrimp on the barbie!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb