Back down under mate!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Shellharbour
November 12th 2010
Published: November 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A little bit of Canada downunder.A little bit of Canada downunder.A little bit of Canada downunder.

Our friends' Victor and Brynnin's kids' Cooper and Taylor, on their way back from Nippers (Jr Surflifesaving) and proudly sporting their Canada Olympic Mitts we brought them back.
We arrived back into Sydney on a sunny Sunday morning and took a taxi to our friends Victor and Brynnin's house in Maroubra, where we had kept our truck while we were away. We caught up with them for a bit, took a drive by the beach in Maroubra for a little look at the surf, and then made our way back down to Wollongong where we had our caravan in storage. We picked it up and everything was fine and not as dusty as the last time we stored it which was good. We made our way to the caravan park in Shellharbour and Brett set up and I went and got groceries; we even both remembered which side of the road to drive on. Brett only hit the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal about 6 times down from Sydney, and I did it about 3 times on the way to the grocery store. Think that is the hardest part about going back and forth. We always say we should put a Canada flag on the back so when we do stuff like that it's understandable.

We got most things unpacked, sorted and settled back into life in our caravan and enjoyed the nice weather since it sounded like we just missed some really rainy weather. I ended up having to work up in Sydney on Tuesday for a company I have done work for awhile back and was a bit of a commute from Shellharbour to Sydney, 2 hours each way, but was a good day, and nice to work in an studio instead of the caravan sometimes.

The next day Brett worked at his aunt's up on Mt Keira doing a bunch of slashing of all the bush to clear it up for summer and bushfire season. And no snake sightings which is always a good thing up there. We also caught up with his cousins and his Pop and Nan before it was time to head up the coast. We are off to... you guessed it... Byron Bay for a while, and really looking forward to some surf, sand and everything else up that way. I am sure we easily slip back into our routine up there. Never been a problem before... Only problem is it's hard to leave sometimes!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb