Day 10 - Great Faces, Great Places!


Advertisement
North America
July 27th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Blowing Up Mt. Rushmore 4 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
Great Faces!Great Faces!Great Faces!

Mt. Rushmore in the daytime, closeup. It was really big!
Day 10- Great Faces, Great Places
Today we got up, had breakfast, and went to Mt. Rushmore before the crowds got too big. We took some more pictures of the presidents. It is just as spectacular in the day as it is at night. We explored the visitor center and museum a little bit and then hiked the base of the mountain. It was really beautiful and sunny. On the hike you can stop at the sculptor’s studio. The sculptor’s name is G. Borglum, and he was a phenomenal sculptor. After the hike we went through the museum again and I got to blow up Mt. Rushmore! It was fun! As we were leaving a huge thunderstorm hit and everyone was running for cover. Then we left Mt. Rushmore, then South Dakota, and entered Devils Tower National Monument in Wyoming. It was really cool, just like in the Steven Spielberg movie, “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”. We hiked around the base of the tower and saw some climbers. We ended our day farther in Wyoming, getting ready for Yellowstone the next day. (P.S. It was raining cats and dogs!!!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Devils Tower!Devils Tower!
Devils Tower!

This is devils tower! If you haven't seen " The Close Encounters of the Third Kind" Go see it!


Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1121s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb