Day 7- Going Back to the U.S.


Advertisement
North America
July 24th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Waterton Lake at dawn!Waterton Lake at dawn!Waterton Lake at dawn!

My dad took this picture from our balcony in the morning. This was right before we left to go search for wildlife!
Day 7-
This morning we got up at 5:30 so that we could go and see some wildlife. This time we got lucky, we saw a young black bear cross the road right in front of the car. We only got one picture because it ran away right after we took it. We didn’t see anything else except for some deer grazing in the grass. After that we left the spot we were looking for animals. We went to hotel and ate breakfast. Then we went on a boat tour. Our guide was really funny and told us stories about the town of Wateron. He spotted a grown black bear and they stopped the boat so that we take pictures of it. When we got to the other side of the lake we got to get out and the funny part is that we were in the United States again. The lake stretches to the United States and they had a ranger station, U.S. Customs, and a little outdoor museum that was pretty cool. Then we got back on the boat. On our way back some one spotted a Bald Eagle. It was sitting in a tree looking at the boat.
Black Bear!Black Bear!Black Bear!

This is the fuzzy photo of our fuzzy friend. He was walking across the road so we could only get one picture. Sadly, the bear ran away right as we were taking the picture!So thats why it's fuzzy. (plus my dad was shaking!)
It was really cool! When we got back we had lunch and then drove out of Canada back into Montana. When we got back to Glacier National Park, we drove to Many Glacier Hotel. It was right on Swiftcurrent Lake and it was really pretty. We rented a canoe and paddled around the lake. We saw some ducks that were really cute. When we got back we had dinner. The hotel is Swiss styled and the dining room had lots of Swiss flags. The dinner was really good and filling. After dinner we went to a David Walburn show, with music and slides .He is a really good singer and the pictures were really beautiful. After that we looked at our pictures from earlier and then went to bed for our last night in Glacier.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Prince of Wales Hotel!Prince of Wales Hotel!
Prince of Wales Hotel!

This is on the way back to Prince of Wales when the sun shone through the clouds and hit the hotel. It was really pretty!
Many Glacier From the Lake!Many Glacier From the Lake!
Many Glacier From the Lake!

This picture is of me looking at the Glacier Hotel!


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.9kb