Chapel Falls, MI · Chapel Rock, MI · Chapel Beach, MI


Advertisement
North America
June 5th 2022
Published: June 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today we hiked over 9 miles at Chapel Beach. Most of the walk was level, but a portion was very muddy. Luckily along the walk we were able to stop at Chapel Falls. It was a stunning place to rest.

Chapel Beach felt like a piece of Heaven. As soon as you approached the beach from the woods you could feel the cool breeze. The first view is from above looking down into the blue green endless lake. Heading down to the beach you pass Chapel Rock. A towering limestone formation shaped by water a long time ago. A tree sits on top of it with its roots extending to the other cliff. Then you cross over a waterfall that flows straight into Lake Superior. We walked down the beach to view more of the Pictured Rocks. My favorite part was when we returned to the fall. I was able to just sit and enjoy the beauty around me. It was the best of both worlds a waterfall and the beach. While taking it in Nate spotted a bald eagle that we were able to watch fly above for a few minutes. Oh, and did I mention no bugs flying around my head like when we are on the trails or viewing platforms. Take a look at the picture of Daisy with a small mesh laundry bag over her head in attempt to keep the bugs away.

I was pretty tired on the walk back, but we enjoyed watching the chipmunks scurry around. We were fortunate enough to find a deer that seemed very curious about Daisy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb