Tahquamenon Falls State Park, MI · Straits State Park, MI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
June 6th 2022
Published: June 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Our adventure continues thru the Upper Peninsula to Tahquamenon Falls State Park. Since there was no phone or internet at our next planned camping stop, we made a quick decision to stop over to view the fall and continue since tomorrow is payroll. It was a very short walk from the parking lot to view Tahquamenon Upper Falls. There were multiple viewing platforms that continued to be more impressive leading to a full-on view, almost level with the falls, down 94 steps. You could feel the mist of the fall on your face as you stood on the outermost facing deck. The fall was powerful, brown, and full. So much flow that it cascaded over the cliff creating a tunnel behind the waterfall. We did not take time to view the lower falls since it was an 8-mile round trip hike, it had been raining all day, and we still had over another 2-hour drive to our new next camping stop.

Once arriving we went to get some produce and found a great little park on the water with a view of Mackinac Bridge. It was foggy not allowing for great pictures, but Nate and Daisy enjoyed because it appeared a bit creepy. Everyone enjoyed a small treat at McDonalds, and we headed back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb