Lakenenland Sculpture Park, MI · Munising Falls, MI · Miners Falls, MI · Miners Beach, MI · Miners Castle Point, MI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Munising
June 4th 2022
Published: June 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today we moved to Munising Tourist Park Campground. On the way we stopped off at Lakenenland Sculpture Park. The park contained over 80 iron sculptures. Some of the sculptures were whimsical while others showed the artist political views. Daisy really seemed to enjoy this stop she said it had a nice junk yard, liberal movement vibe.

This campground is on Lake Superior as well, but the sites were full due to it being the weekend. We can see the water from a distance and unfortunately, we have a good amount of road noise but should have a nice sunset tonight from the campground.

After setting up we headed out to Munising Falls, it appeared dehydrated, but the surrounding sandstone cliff was gorgeous. On our drive to Miners Beach, we took a detour to Miners Falls. I am so glad that we did because it was spectacular. The .6-mile gravel walk was lined with beautiful green foliage. As with many of our hikes the mosquitoes were a bit heavy here especially once we reached the platform to view the waterfall. They really couldn't have put the platform in a better location the view was magnificent. Miners Beach was more like what we are used to in Florida with sand everywhere, but it was surrounded by pine trees and multicolor cliffs. Our final stop was Miners Castle. If you are not going to take a boat tour this is a great place to view the Pictures Rocks Shoreline. All the trails today were short, only walked 6 miles total.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb