Day 28 - Across the Mississippi and into EST


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 4th 2011
Published: March 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another quick report just to let you all know where the night finds us --

We got an early start from the "Tourist Cabin"and headed out for more boring hours of trundling along the superslabs, headed always east and a little north. While I won't deny that the interstate system is the fastest means of driving long distances, it sure leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to fun. At this point though, the fun part of the trip is over, now we're just making miles.

The morning traffic in Tulsa was pretty heavy, but with Miranda's guidance, we got through fine. Next we hit St. Louis at about 2:30, and again breezed right through. Over Old Man River we went, and then headed east on I 70, landing in Terra Haute, IN for the night. Back in the Eastern Time Zone, but still 2 days from PBF.

Tomorrow - Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, ??

Then a last night away from home ---

Advertisement



4th March 2011

On the home stretch
Borrrring.............no more interesting and exciting play-by-play accounts. Time to hit PBF.. It was fun reading while you had fun...thanks for the memories...... Cathy is waiting with a new honey-do list. Enjoy your last few days away from the farm....the main dock is calling !!!!! Drive carefully and safely....Henry must feel lonely.....
4th March 2011

You WILL write a book !!!!
Dear Tom, I guess the whole family has been traveling with you. What a great idea.Let us know when you have a slide show like Wayne Russel !!
5th March 2011

The Next Mr Russell
Tom: I like Mary and Art's idea - we all miss Mr Russell and maybe you are posed to carry on his tradition. His slide shows were always a treat at PBF along with his fish snacks- oh, where did the years go? I'm ready with the big tent- drive carefully and keep the bucket right side up.

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb