Magee Marsh, OH · Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center, OH · Maumee Bay State Park Beach, OH


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 11th 2022
Published: June 11th 2022
Edit Blog Post

When I was working this morning, I was fortunate to see a lot of different birds out the RV window. So, we thought going to check out Magee Marsh and Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge would pay off, but we did not see too many birds. Partially because it was later in the day, and we left without eating thinking that since we are in a more populated area, we would easily find a place to eat out for a quick bite. Well, an hour after leaving the trailer we settled on a place. At Magee Marsh it was like the birds were in surround sound, but the foliage was so full it was hard to get any pictures of tiny birds or even at times to locate them at all. We did enjoy following the huge squirrel along the boardwalk, though we did keep a good distance.

We wandered into town to grab some groceries, hit up the local Goodwill, and retired back to the campground for the day. The state park was such a nice place we hated to stay out late again and miss out on getting a chance to explore it. We whipped up dinner and left Daisy at the trailer so she could chat with friends. We walked the doggies along the hiking trail that went along the perimeter of the park. We hoped to both get the dogs some exercise and fresh air while also wearing them out a bit as to maybe not let them out 4 times in the night to use the bathroom. It was a good 2-hour hike, and we found a lot of wildlife: rabbits, deer, turtles, birds, and even a tiny raccoon climbing into a tree stump. We came back and caught up with some friends and family on the phone.

Kind of excited for the next campground being that it has a pool and some other amenities that no other campground has had since we have left for the trip. We are booked for 2 nights but may go ahead and add another to have time at the campground and rest a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb