Cuyahoga Valley National Park, OH


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Ravenna
June 12th 2022
Published: June 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We did it! Yesterday after moving to our new campsite, Country Acres Campground & Fun Park (Passport America Campground) we stayed at the campground ALL DAY. Soon after arriving we took the doggies on a walk to explore the campground. Chloe enjoyed the dog park with all its fun ramps, tunnels, and space to run. While Mandy delighted in sniffing the entire dog park, hey she’s 14 so no obstacle courses for her. Nate and Daisy enjoyed all the inflatables: 1 slide, 2 obstacle courses, and 2 jumping pads. They enjoyed it so much Nate got kicked off the jumping pad. That did not hold them down they decided to play basketball for over an hour with all the kids from the campground. The campground also had a talent show that night, a pool, kiddie pool, and splash pad.

This morning we got up early and headed into Cuyahoga Valley National Park. After breakfast at Panera, we visited the Brecksville Nature Center. I'm usually not one to look at taxidermy animals, however, they had a case of taxidermy birds. It was quite interesting to look at them in detail, up close, and see what they really look like. While I was looking at that Nate and Daisy were checking out a taxidermy weasel in hopes that they'd see one on the trail. We were lucky enough to get a quick glimpse of a weasel running across a downed tree near the water, but not lucky enough to get a picture, he was quick. We also got to see lots of chipmunks chasing each other around instead of being in solitude. We spotted a tufted titmouse, summer tanager, eastern phoebe, and a red bellied woodpecker.

We were disappointed to find the bridge to Brandywine Falls closed since it was the main thing, we wanted to see in Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

Disappointed we continued down the road to find another activity. We decided to explore the ledges trail. We had a great time climbing the rocks, squeezing between crevices, and watching the wildlife. Oh, and for the 3rd time on this trip watching someone walk their cat on a leash. This cat was happy to be able to climb and jump around on the rocks.

We even got to eat dinner a little early tonight. We went to Chili’s, and it was delicious, but maybe that's just because we haven't had much food out, especially food from home, other than fast food on travel days. Then we went back to the camper to relax, binge some shows, and clean up the trailer a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb