Otherworld, OH · Rippling Stream Campground, OH


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Columbus
June 13th 2022
Published: June 14th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today was finally Daisy’s Day. We got an early start to move to Rippling Stream Campground, about a 3-hour drive near Columbus Ohio. We set up and headed out to Otherworld right away because they are closed tomorrow, and we are leaving the following day. Otherworld is an immersive art installation playground with over 40 rooms. Each room was unique, playful, with its own lighting effects, and sculptures. There were small passages to climb thru, secret areas, and plush seating to immerse yourself in the room. Daisy’s favorite room was the mirror passage because it gave the optical illusion of an infinity mirror where your image just appears to continue as far as you can see. It also had led lighting that gave off funhouse vibes with its sporadic patterns of colorful lighting. Nate enjoyed one of the rooms that contained a full immersion experience, it had 6 different themes that covered all 4 walls. The room gave the feeling of movement, Nate liked pretending he was Superman flying into the projections. We didn’t make it back until after 7 so we were not able to meet up with any of Nate’s mom’s side of the family but will make plans for tomorrow. Last night the weather started getting squirrelly with a lot of rain and some bursts of crazy wind. We were a little concerned about a tornado, so Daisy even joined us in our bed for a while. Poor little Mandy was shaking like crazy because she really freaks out with thunder and lightning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb