Sunday the 13th


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
September 14th 2020
Published: September 14th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Another fine day in the sticks, with many neighbors, begins without much change in weather. The sky is still obscured by smoke and haze that seems parked overhead. However, it is dry, if cool, and there's plenty of light to read by while comfortably seated outside.

Today's excitement was seeing shadows for a brief little while. This afternoon, we walked the beach again for bit longer, and looked a little closer at the cliff and some of the features along the beach. There's just not much to see toward the water, except a couple way out in the bay collecting clams. We talked to them a while and learned the park has an area campers are permitted to collect clams- too far in any direction, and they're on private property. This couple did collect their limit of 80 clams - 40 clams each. They are from Portland, and are traveling to escape the smoke there, which is very much worse than here.

At one end of our stroll, we noticed the cliff was just pepper with little holes, each about an inch in diameter, with a few bigger ones here and there. Natalie checked out the layer she could reach, and it felt like chalk; she said it was limestone. A bit further back toward our campground, somebody had built a couple wooden chairs, and I think they built them for Mr and Mrs Sasquatch. They are each big enough for two people, and have a footrest partway up the front.

Then, before climbing back up the stairs to the trail, we sat down for a chat with the clamming couple, and Natalie noticed a log with very interesting grain patterns, so that photo is also attached.

Maybe the highlight of the day, though, was going to church online. Just think: we're in an RV clear across the state, in a park with a weak wifi, and we can watch the church service podcast. Now that's something special.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb