Day 112 Everett


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

After posting yesterday M+D drove us to the Boeing complex. Describing it as huge would not be an apt description. Massive might satisfy. It is an airplane assembly building and is the largest building in the world by volume (0.4sq km) and is where the wide-body Boeing 747, 767, 777 and 787 are assembled. It employs over 30,000 people, including its own fire department, security team, daycare and fitness centre. However, the highlight of last evening was going to Mukilteo Lighthouse area to … buy … an ice-cream … made the most of it! As we enjoyed our ice-creams we walked around the beautiful area taking in the returning ferry from Whidbey Island, situated in Puget Sound. Back home, it was a movie, “Snowman”, before bed.

We caught the ferry to Whidbey Island and drove to the very small town of Langley where we walked around and looked in shops at all the odds and ends. We moved onto Fort Casey and lunched with the food we had brought along before walking the beach and fort area where Richard Gere had trodden whilst filming scenes for “Officer and a Gentleman”. David, as a matter of fact is Gere’s double, especially
when wearing glasses.

From there it was onto Deception Pass, the swiftly moving water between Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands. We crossed the bridge, parked and then walked across and down through a forest of Douglas Firs and Cedar trees to the stone and log strewn beach areas, constantly clicking away as we descended. The views through the trees as we descended and when we were on the beach were visually stimulating. Totally sensational in the strong sunshine and warm temperature.

We drove back through another small town called LaConner, where we again trod-the-boardwalks, however it was not far up-the-track that we stopped for ice-cream. Never have I seen so much ice-cream on a cone … not … that I was complaining. Jane and I did not know of this place but David and Michele certainly did. It is definitely my final ‘large’ dessert until Christmas. Did I just write that?

Dinner at the marina restaurant, “Anthony’s Home Port” was definitely a great finale to a wonderful and memorable stay with M+D and Stefanie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement






















Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb