Day 111 Everett


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Everett
August 8th 2018
Published: August 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Living in a beautiful environment calls for enjoying the beautiful environment and so that was the case for today. Onto the sailboat early we ‘motored’ slowly around Puget Sound but not before we had dropped the crab cages in David’s favourite area. It proved to be highly profitable as the four cages each had more than 8 crabs. Every crab was measured with the illegal sized crabs being returned to whence they had come. 6 very good sized legal crabs were kept... and ultimately cooked back at the house.

While we waited for the cages to fill we headed to where the seals were; most sunning themselves on large logs tied together and anchored to the seabed. This brought much joy to all on board.

We were very close to the Navy docks so we were very closely watched by the patrol boat with a 50mm gun mounted on its bow. We avoided an ‘international’ incident … narrowly! However, we were fortunate to be up close to watch a Frigate return from duty in the Gulf with the Navy’s tug boats alongside to manoeuvre her into her berth.

More than 6 hours flew by before we headed home
to a casual but enjoyable late lunch. The sun and the sea had had its effect upon us so for Jane, Michele, David and Stephanie a nap was in order. I headed down the road to the Howarth Park which overlooked Puget Sound and viewed the scene on which we had motored around the hours prior before returning to shell the crabs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



















8th August 2018

Great photos
When is dinner.

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.1206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb