Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
October 23rd 2016
Published: October 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Between the CarsBetween the CarsBetween the Cars

Jennifer was fascinated about how you move between the cars so she took a picture. This is a leftover from yesterday's blog as I couldn't post all the pictures we took.
Alright so this blog entry is going to be rather short as a lot of our time was spent reading or watching out the window. Watching out the window the pictures will be able to tell that story. I will say that there are a lot pictures of rivers and valleys.



We had lunch in the Dining car and we had dinner in the Pacific Parlour Car. I will say that this has been kind of cool having two different places to eat on the train.



We arrived 45 minutes early into seattle where we all went to the hotel and showered and slept ready to start the next morning.





See Ya Later,


Additional photos below
Photos: 82, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

All AboardAll Aboard
All Aboard

This is also a leftover from yesterday
Down the HalwayDown the Halway
Down the Halway

This is a view looking back towards the door from our room in the train. This is a leftover from yesterday.
The ThroneThe Throne
The Throne

Left over from yesterday this is one of the seats in our room.
Coast RunningCoast Running
Coast Running

Left Over from Yesterday.
Sunrise through the FogSunrise through the Fog
Sunrise through the Fog

Now we start todays pictures.
Looking out across the valley.Looking out across the valley.
Looking out across the valley.

A view across the Cascades
A Picture of a PictureA Picture of a Picture
A Picture of a Picture

I decided to take a picture of Jennifer taking a picture as we crossed into Oregon
She's been to Oregon nowShe's been to Oregon now
She's been to Oregon now

She can honestly say she has been to Oregon now.
Lone WolfLone Wolf
Lone Wolf

This was a lone wolf Victorian Home along the tracks.
Lunch Time 1Lunch Time 1
Lunch Time 1

Bacon Swiss Burger and Kettle Chips with a Ginger Ale for Me.
Lunch Time 2Lunch Time 2
Lunch Time 2

Angie had the Lunch Marketplace Special which was a Turkey Breast with Portobello Mushroom Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and a Whole Wheat Biscuit that she swears she didn't try this morning for Breakfast.
Lunch Time 3Lunch Time 3
Lunch Time 3

Jennifer had a plain jane cheeseburger with cheddar.
Mt. ArgumentMt. Argument
Mt. Argument

I don't know which of the Mountains it actually is but it was a hot debate in the lounge car for most of the morning.
FoliageFoliage
Foliage

At this point we were going 80ish MPH and I have a series of ok pictures.


24th October 2016

Great pictures
Enjoying the blog, the train food looks better than I expected.
24th October 2016

Back in the mid 90's Amtrak paid for all of their chefs to go to the Culinary Institute of America. There are few left in the system that remember that...we had one on this train. Even the ones who didn't get that training all have a degree in culinary arts from an institution.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb