West Coast Trip 2011 - Day 6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 29th 2011
Published: July 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ride the Duck!Ride the Duck!Ride the Duck!

Yes it's cheesey. But it was a lot of fun too! :)
West Coast Trip 2011 - Day 6

Did we miss anything?

Our last day in seattle and Tony got a chance to see some of the sights. Michelle and Anne went looking for a replacement windbreaker downtown. They did not find one but at one point they ended up in Nordstroms and found a great outfit and headband for Michelle instead.

After lunch everyone went to the Expirence Music Project and Sci-Fi Museum at Seattle Center. There was a great exhibit on the science and design behind the movie Avatar. Anne even got to play around with the motion tracking software and act in a scene from the movie. Michelle created her own plant for Pandora.

The rest of the museum was pretty cool. They had some hands on music booths where you could try out differnt instuments and a display of Battlestar Galactica memorabilia from both versions.

After the museum and a snack we decided to take a Duck Tour of Seattle. The ride was a lot of fun and the driver had some great stories.

We capped the day off with a visit with one of Tony's friends from high school and dinner
Gone Quackers!Gone Quackers!Gone Quackers!

Of course we had to get Michelle one of the noisemakers. IT wouldn't be a duck tour without it.
at The Melting Pot. Fondue for four was fun even if Anne did get a little spooked by the hot pot and raw food near Michelle. Tomorrow we pack everything up again and head to Vancouver on the Amtrak Cascades.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Melting PotThe Melting Pot
The Melting Pot

Desert at The Melting Pot was a great treat, both culinary and visual.


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb