West Coast Trip 2011 - Day 7


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
July 30th 2011
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Listel HotelThe Listel HotelThe Listel Hotel

This hotel partners with the Vancouver Museum of Anthropology to proved art on every floor and in every room.
On the Train Again....

We were up and out early this morning to say goodbye to Seattle and catch a 7:40 train to Vancouver, BC. The trip did not take too long and was nice and relaxing. We did find out about the Vancouver Festival of Lights starting that evening with a giant fireworks display put together by a group from China. After lunch, some laundry and dinner we headed out into the city to find a place to watch the fireworks.

The main grandstand was at English Bay Beach but fireworks being and aerial deal we could see them from many places along the bay. We found a good spot not too far from our hotel and settled in to wait for the show to start. There were a ton of people and hundreds of boats anchored in the harbor.

It was a really neat show and the few pictures we took don't do it justice. There was a countdown burst every 15 min of the final hour before the show. and the show lasted at least 20 minutes. There were waterfalls of light, flowers, spirals, and color changing bursts. It was fantastic.

We also found
Fire in the skyFire in the skyFire in the sky

and smoke on the water.
out that the Vancouver Pride Parade is tomorrow right in front of our hotel. Looks like we know what we'll be doing tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022kb