Second day at Zion


Advertisement
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Angel's LandingAngel's LandingAngel's Landing

This is a shot of Angel's Landing from Observation Point. The Landing is that high point on right center of the picture. The rock formation lower center in the pic is called the pipe organ.
Geo: 37.2012, -112.989

Stayed in a cabin at Zion Lodge last night. Rustic and very overpriced but comfy and with WiFi. Up fairly early, got breakfast, packed up the car, checked out, and caught the shuttle to our trailhead for the day. Hiked to Observation Point today - an 8 mile roundtrip hike with about a 2,500 foot elevation gain - from 4,000 feet on the valley floor to 6,500 feet at the end of the trail. Check out the comments posted with the pictures for more info on the hike. Finished the hike around 3:00 PM and drove out of the park and on to our motel for tonight in Parowan, UT. Tomorrow on to Baker, NV, and Great Basin NP.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

FlowersFlowers
Flowers

Prickly Pear Flowers along the trail. Lots of pretty flowers all along the trails this time of year.
Yesterday's Lunch spotYesterday's Lunch spot
Yesterday's Lunch spot

This is where we ate lunch yesterday - from Observation Point. The small rise at the right center of the picture is where we ate. It is the same as that high point in the pic posted on yesterday's entry.
Observation PointObservation Point
Observation Point

Observation Point, our destination today, from the trail on the way up. It is that point right at the top center of the picture.
UsUs
Us

The obligitory picture of the intrepid hikers atop Observation Poijnt.
ValleyValley
Valley

The valley floor from high on the trail.
Zion CanyonZion Canyon
Zion Canyon

Looking South down Zion Canyon - from Observation Point.


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb