Bike Up Beautiful Zion Canyon, Hike Emerald Pools


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
November 28th 2013
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.2012, -112.989

Pa'rus Trail allows biking in National Park

No bus to contend with this time of year, just auto and truck traffic. 😊

Is it really uphill, biking to Zion Lodge from the Campground?

We decided to bike the Pa'rus Trail along the river to the road up to the Lodge. It was a beautiful clear day, still cold but as we biked along we began to shed our layers. It is always deceiving as you begin to head up the road. It doesn't look like it is uphill except in a few places so you don't feel it quite as much.

It is hard to describe adequately the beauty of Zion. Towering rock formations of a variety of colors and shapes, along with some beautiful vegetation changing colors along the way. The Virgin River runs alongside the road so it meanders along in some places and in other drops over a small waterfall to continue down the way. This area is a geologists dream because of the various kinds of rock and sediment you find along the way.

It was very lovely riding along even with the cars passing us as we rode along. We got to the Lodge, locked the bikes and headed upstairs to eat. We had decided we were going to treat ourselves and eat out and had just brought snacks with us for the hike later.

Both decided to have the buffet and must say did pretty much make a pig of myself but it was healthy veggies and salad for the most part. After lunch took a short nap out on some of the benches in front of the Lodge.

From there we biked over to the beginning of the Emerald Pools and set off. They were lovely as usual but the hike to the final pool sure seemed further than it said on the brochures!
Finished the hike and then headed home. This is when you really can tell that it is uphill on the way! Was a great day and great to be in the outdoors of the beautiful Zion!




Additional photos below
Photos: 79, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb