Zion National Park: Watching from Watchman


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Springdale
November 27th 2013
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.1825, -113.004

Watching from the Watchman

Got up the next morning after a leisurely breakfast and headed into the park. The South campground was not open and the only one that was open was the Watchman campground which we have never stayed in before.

Drove through the campground and found a site located near the restrooms, with sun and a nice view. Biked over to check in and fixed lunch and then did a little exploring. There were some sites that were overlooking the river with incredibly awesome views that had no one in them. Biked back over to campground host and he said was no problem we could change to the new site.

B-56 was an end site with another one close by that would be good if someone joined us. The views out the kitchen window were great! We set ourselves up for a "sundowner" overlooking the river with wine, chips and salsa. Were enjoying the view when suddenly, swoosh a bird came right past us, causing the wine to fall over, and went up into the tree. Robert grabs the camera and gets several shots before it flies off. It was a Northern Pygmy owl according to our bird books and verified by the campground host.

Gets dark early in winter. Had a nice evening back in the warm camper with our comfort dinner of stovetop and wine. Lots of laughs and a episode from the International section of Hulu! Another great thing about this campground is they are all electric sites which is nice in winter, and because we have our "forever" senior pass, our site was half price of $9. We have to pay heavily for mobile data, so that discount helped rationalize watching a drama on Hulu.



Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb