Southern Utah - Magnificent


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
November 3rd 2010
Published: November 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Gday all

Another great day here. As you will see from the pics, the weather keeps being very kind to us - clear blue skies and pleasant temperature once the morning frost and ice melted!

We started the day in Bryce Canyon in Southern Utah (this is one pretty part of the country). The park itself is famous for its ‘hoodoos’ - crazy rock formations that are best understood by looking at the pics.

Today was a walking day so we checked out a few rim vantage points and then went down into the canyon on a 6 (or so) km trail. OK going down but a little tougher ascending. Still we managed - and more importantly, thoroughly enjoyed.

The Hoodoos are a lot like ‘the Pinnacles’ (a far better name - that we flew over but were not fit enough to walk to in Borneo a few years back), and are spectacular. We didn’t get the chance to see them at sunset as we had to move on as we have to be in California in two days. We have a 2 night stay in Yosemite - and a bit of driving in between.

We have ended the night in Zion National Park - and have already had a 2 hour walk here. The canyon we walked here is attractive but it is huge. So much so that you cant get the cliffs in photos that give a perspective. Nevertheless we tried, and there are a couple below. The trees will hopefully give you some idea, and the track we are walking tomorrow is meant to give some perspective overlooking.

The artsy water shot is also in Zion.

Anyway, all the best for now.

Ian and Chris



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb