Colorado to Utah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
April 26th 2016
Published: April 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cortez Colorado to Moab Utah


The day started off quite well, no wind clear skies, until there was some light snow then rain then sleet. It was a short drive a little over 100 miles from Cortez Colorado and into Utah, the scenery was beautiful. The sleet and snow made for an interesting nail biter of a drive coming into Moab on the steep downhill grades, praying the Rv's breaks wouldn't lock up and take us off the road. Thankfully we made it to the KOA Moab, surrounded by Canyons and vistas for miles.

We got the RV set up and decided to take a quick drive into downtown Moab, shops, bike rentals and restaurants, we didn't stop in Moab and decided to take a quick trip into Arches National Park. That quick trip turned into 4 hours, including a small 2 mile hike down and back up into Park Avenue Trail, several stops on the road through the park at names such as Petrified Dunes, Tower of Babel, Balanced Rock, and Fiery Furnace to name a few , stopping at every viewpoint, picture spot and lookout.

I have never seen anything like this in my life, my mouth stayed open the entire time and I felt like a minion among giants. Towering orange, red and earth colored rock formations as far as the eye could see, I couldn't seem to take it all in, it is just so vast and beautiful. God's own Cathedral is beyond comprehension. I took more pictures than I will ever look at. The only road in and out of the park weaves around the rock formations, with steep grades up and down, vast amounts of untouched land for miles. The pictures don't do it justice and can't give you a true image of what it is like to experience. We look forward to taking on Devil's Garden Trailhead tomorrow, with warnings of sheer drops and water crossings, and the most difficult of the trails, it should make for an interesting morning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb