Cortez Colorado


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Cortez
April 25th 2016
Published: April 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Albuquerque to Cortez Colorado


Ready to leave Albuquerque and keep going. We decided to take a stop at Cortez halfway to Moab. The drive was gorgeous, petroglyphs, mountains, all different types of rock formations in varying colors and sizes. We thought the wind was strong up on the West Mesa but it picked up and hounded us the entire drive. Roy had a fun few hours behind the wheel. Thank goodness we have dual wheels in the back of the truck or it would have been worse. There were a lot of rolling hills and the truck had its work cut out for it as we entered Colorado.

The only near miss today was having stopped for a quick break someone left the steps down (Roy) to the RV and the handle out, luckily I caught them waving at me in the side mirror as we headed back on the road or we could have taken out a few signs, vagabonds or maybe the odd tree. No harm, no foul.

I haven't seen snow capped mountains in a while so it was wonderful as we came into Colorado and the scenery changed from dry orange and browns and blue skys to huge valleys, rivers and mountains and a drop of about 20 degrees in temperature 😊

Roy was grateful to get off the road and out of fighting the wind as we arrived at the KOA in Cortez near Durango. Excellent place to stay with the most breathtaking views of the mountains all around us and a 3 acre dog park. The campground have it all fenced off to let the little darlings run free.

We weren't going to unhook the rig for the night but as we are in Colorado only one night and Herbs are completely legal and sold in shops, akin with the likes of Amsterdam; it was worth a trip just to have a look. If you are not into that sort of thing then there is always salve, drops, chews, taffy, cookies, the list goes on and its good for arthritis too.

Its a refreshing state to enter especially as there is a heavy presence of Organic produce, this might just be one of those states worth coming back to explore further but that is not on our agenda this time.

Electric blanket is going on tonight as the temperatures dip below freezing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb