moab


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
October 10th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

“Today was beyond words.”
I have been directed to start out the blog with that quote…..then he began babbling and I really don’t know where it went from there.
The alarm rang at 6:30 am, and the four of us in the motorhome slept in like a unit. Suddenly it is 7:45 and we are cooking breakfast and getting bikes and gear ready. One particularly proactive gentleman created some lunching snacks.
The bike shuttle company was very accommodating and let us arrive late for a shuttle to hazard county, to kokeapelli, to LPS, which links into porcupine rim. We began riding at over 9000 feet, and put in about 30 min of climbing to the summit. From here it was absolutely glorious and unexpected snaky single track that required nary a pedal stroke……except for those trying to keep up with McCreight…..who then had to get their game on.
Mind blowing views dominated the day. vistas that I won’t attempt to describe with scenery that would allow pteradactyls flying overhead tyrannosaurus rexs who were chasing their prey, to seems natural. Fantastic scenery that we will attempt to show pictures of…..at a later time.
Views dominated the day aside from the riding.
The trails were fantastic, as fast and as technical as the rider should chose to make them. Wicked fast double track with adrenaline pumping kickers, flowing singletrack that screamed for standing big rings, and technical single track exposed on rock faces that cause instant vertigo.
Incredibly fun, to the point that I would like to shuttle the trail again and forgo the tourist picture taking, jaw dropping, scenery that leaves you agast……to concentrate on hammering the trail down 4000 vertical feet to the fruition of beers.
Donahue dominated the technical drops today, taking a series of sphincter clenching steps that allowed no room for error, to be followed by salmon who also completed the gauntlet but with slightly less grace but just as much gumption (I love that word). Dick who is battling a cold never had a smile leave his face and stuart’s trip to moab has now been justified……..and that says a lot for a Scotsman. Scotty G got some footage on his helmet cam and throttled back to take pictures of the group, and McCreight crashed…..but again this does not count as a fault. Four flats today describes the harshness of the trail, and sunburns again are prevalent.
We had to finish the ride with 10 km of highway riding, and meandered through town to the campsite where we all embellished what we did today and then began telling outright lies to be sure we held every ones respect.
Here we are, showered shaved and ready for some supper, as we haven’t eaten for 10.5 hours…so I gotta go




Advertisement



10th October 2008

sphincter safety
There is a certain superfluous and pedalogical intonation to your narration that I find quite epistemological and omnipotent. PS, I'm a terrible speller... Sounds stupidly fun!
10th October 2008

maybe they should all put their 2 bits in the blog
Yah, it seems as though the "mccreight's" eye view may be slightly tainted. Even though you're all having a wonderful time, We know that you are missing your beloved wives and can't wait to get home.
11th October 2008

i tried to come home a few days ago......but they wouldn't let me......it's not my fault
11th October 2008

you are a great speller, i just don't know what you mean.....

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb