Way Out West 2021


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
September 8th 2021
Published: September 12th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at the La Quinta was the best. It was like any other hotel breakfast but, just like any other kid, I LOVED the waffle maker. The waffles were in the shape of Texas! I want a waffle maker that makes waffles in the shape of WV!!

We didn’t have as far to travel today, which was refreshing after our long travel day yesterday. This part of Texas was a mostly flat, farming community
At one point it was flat and as far as you could see and on both sides of the road were wind turbines. I have never, ever seen so many. I tied to capture it on the camera but you just had to be here!!

Getting to San Antonio was easier than we expected. There wasn’t a lot of traffic and it was easy to navigate to our hotel. We were staying at a Wyndham Resorts Condo right on the River Walk and only a block and a half from the Alamo.

We arrived at 2:30. Check in wasn’t until 4 pm. We unloaded, put our luggage on carts, and we’re directed to wait on the 2nd level until our room was ready. Terry and I went to the parking garage just a half block away. Because Ed has a handicap parking placard we could there at no cost.

While we’re we’re waiting, Karen took advantage of the free laundry. Because of our wait we got hooked into a timeshare sales pitch. Mostly we adored because we got $75.00 in restaurant vouchers, 2 free tickets to the Rio boats on the River Walk, dinner reservations at The Chart House, and a trip to the observation deck of the Tower of Americas.

Our room was wonderful. We had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a small kitchen with dining table and living room. Best of all we had a small balcony overlooking the Riverwalk.

The first thing we did, once we were settled, was to walk the Riverwalk and find a place to eat. I’d read about a Mexican restaurant which was the first on Riverwalk. It was called Casa Rio. We sat outside at a table right on the River. There were strolling musicians and wait staff that were so pleasant. The food was delicious and the birds waiting for the food, plentiful!!

Our dessert was ice cream at a nearby ice cream parlor called Mr Ice Cream. It was Blue Bell ice cream, one of my favorites!

Later, as the guys were watching tv, Karen and I went down to the river and sat at a table just to watch all the activity. It was beautiful, especially the lights reflecting on the water. On the streets above were lighted carriages being pulled by horses which just added to the ambience.

We were surprised that the noise didn’t carry upstairs to our rooms, but it was nice and quiet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb