Way Out West 2021


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Sweetwater
September 7th 2021
Published: September 12th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Following breakfast at IHOP, we headed out toward San Antonio. Our goal was Sweetwater, Tx where we planned to spend the night. It was an ambitious goal as it was a 9 hr 10 min drive. That really doesn’t sound too bad but when you factor in pit stops, meals, and traffic it can be a long day. Plus Terry Wilson likes to do all the driving.

I do love watching the scenery as we drive along. Sometimes it feels like we’re driving along in West Virginia but most of the time it’s so much different.

Today’s drive started out with the mountains and rocks of Colorado, then the dry desert-like fields of New Mexico. Once we got into Texas it was the story of two sides of the car, again. On one side there were rolling hills and knolls. On the other side it was flat as far as you could see.

We stopped in one little town -Raton, New Mexico. The town looked run down but the visitors center was so nice. It was on the Historic Santa Fe Trail, which was a shorter but more dangerous way west because if the difficulty of the trail. It was a nice stop.

It was hot!! Top temp on the car was 101! I felt sorry for the many farmers who were working their fields. Some had can tractors, but not all. It was very dry and you noticed then by the dust they were stirring up as they worked.

A late dinner and a late night at La Quinta in Sweetwater and we ended the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb