Day Forty-Six...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Erie
August 5th 2015
Published: August 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

…was another day that didn’t turn out as planned. No, I didn’t visit another hospital. This one had everything to do with the east coast being so OLD. The plan was to go to Niagara Falls.

Things were going great…I got up on time (Mike’s always up early), we got out of the campground at a decent time, got Rosie dialed in to Niagara Falls State Park and off we went. Got into the town of Niagara Falls and Rosie told us to take a right turn on a particular road that would lead us to the park. Luckily we noticed the sign before we made the turn: Max Height 10 ft. What?!? Seriously??? We’re between 12 and 13 feet tall.

We drove around and around trying to find another way in, but couldn’t find any signage directing us. Poor Rosie didn’t know about the height restrictions and that was the only way she knew to get us to where we wanted to go.

After driving for at least another hour we decided to just give up and move on. By this time it was after 4:00. Even if we did find a way in, by the time we got to the falls, ooohed and aaahed, taken pictures and gotten back on the road it would be nearly time to call it a day. If we decide to try it again, we’ll find an RV park somewhere and drive in.

Driving the interstates of New York is expensive. We had to pay SO MANY tolls and they weren’t cheap! I don’t understand how people voluntarily live here and drive these roads! Good grief. It’ll be nice when we finally get away from the east and all its tolls.

Spending the night in Erie, PA; just a quick overnight. We arrived after the office had closed. Mike picked up our envelope and noticed the woman had put us in a site that was almost directly in front of where we parked to check in. How handy was that? The park was fairly open, but well maintained.

Ralph Macchio! That’s who the woman from the campground in Oneonta sounded like. I knew it would come to me eventually. She sounds like he did in The Outsiders and The Karate Kid…the tone, the accent...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb