Day Forty-Seven...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Streetsboro
August 6th 2015
Published: August 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

…was a day of driving from one campground to the next. This campground is pretty big, but appears to be 80% seasonal or full-time residents. Looking at the campground map there are only two sections for overnighters like us and one of those is for tents. Everything else is marked “Seasonal.”

The ATV led us almost all the way to the back 40 to a seasonal spot that was vacant. Wow. Nice loop though, but getting out of here in a couple days will be fun. We’re in a sort of valley—hill behind us to the very back of the campground and the hill we came down to get here. No paved roads in here. They’re dirt with rocks filling in the low or heavily traveled spots. The rocks aren’t the usual crushed rock gravel, no, they’re probably 2-inch diameter smooth rocks that make your bike tires go all wonky when you try to ride through it.

After we got ourselves situated we decided to take the bikes for a spin. We rode up the hill toward the back of the property. Very quiet back there. Back down the hill to our loop and up the hill toward the front of the property. There are several loops and we rode around each of them. There is a large lake at the entrance for swimming and catch-and-release fishing. There are actually a couple of life guard stands, one in the deeper area of the designated swimming area where the swim dock and diving board are, and one along the shallower area. I didn’t see a life guard any of the times we drove past. Maybe they’re only out on weekends.

Going up and down the hills was a good work out. Time for some cold water and a nap. Yes, I’m making sure I drink plenty of water. I’ve been feeling pretty good today. No headaches (except for Mike) and no energy drain. And definitely no passing out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb