Day 23 - Portland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
July 28th 2010
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got up and had brekkie at the hotel. We decided today was going to be a slow one. After brekkie we went to Home Depot (basically like Bunnings) and Stu was in heaven. He found a few things he wants to get before going home and said he would pop in by himself so the girls don’t get bored......nice try.

After looking around Home Depot it was time for me to get my fix by dropping in to..........wait for it............IKEA. Yes, you guessed it. I couldn’t let the opportunity go by and not look at one here!!! We walked in through the front doors and we could have been at the Logan store. It is pretty much identical. The girls asked if they could go in to the playground. How could we say no? And it gave us an hour to walk around in peace. Nearly everything is the same; I guess there are a few different designs but all along the same lines. There were a couple of things we could have bought but thought better of it. The only thing we bought was some patty cases, yes that’s right. Pretty sad I know but it did excite me a little to see IKEA ones.

After our look around we picked our babies up (they weren’t impressed as we were 10 mins early) and went and indulged in a 50c hotdog. You can’t beat or complain about that! Obviously Dani didn’t have a hotdog so she had a cinnamon scroll.

We left IKEA and had a short look at some nearby stores then it was back to the Hotel where we had a very lazy afternoon watching Home Alone on the TV and then the girls had a swim.

We went and had dinner next door at Sharis. It was really nice and they won the best pie competition for their Blackberry Pie this year, 2010. We were too full to get dessert so we will have to call into one of their restaurants again and have a slice of pie.

Back to the hotel where we again vegged out for a couple of hours before heading to sleep. Was really nice to have a quiet day, but can’t wait for the next step of our trip. Tomorrow we are meeting up with Jake, Jen and kiddies and Jen's parents. Can’t wait!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb