Day 24 - Portland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
July 30th 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we were catching up with Jake and Jen and the kiddies so we were happy to get organised and get the bags packed and into the car. After a few hours rest we headed over after lunch to Jens' Mum and Dad’s house. We pulled up and were greeted with open arms and hugs from Jake and Jen and were happy to see Solomon and Aya smiling away.
The girls both started playing with Solomon and it was good to see them play so well together.

After a cupper and a few stories of our trip so far we walk into town which is not to far from home. On the way we called into a coffee house to get a cup of Joe.
We carried on and Jake and Jen just showed us a few little cafe's and shops. We soon headed back to the house and along the way we say some kids selling homemade lemonade so we called in and the kids bought some to try.
When we got back home and got dinner organised and the kids played out in the garden and made flower bouquets and found little trails in the garden. It was really cool to see the girls playing with their cousins.

Jens mum had got some fresh salmon and we helped to make some salad and mash potato and she cooked the fish on the BBQ. At that stage Jens dad had come home and we all sat down for dinner.
It was a lovely meal and it was good to catch up with Jake and Jen and talk about what they had been up to. We soon got the girls showered and into bed and soon headed to bed also.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb