Kicking Hunger and Breaking World Records


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
June 20th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Seriously! This weekend had to be way up there for one of the coolest things I've ever done! I'm super proud of the accomplishment, endurance, spirit, dedication, and team effort of breaking Guiness' Book of World Records for the Longest Kickball Game!! Shaun, myself and about 40 other rockstars proudly endured 33 hours of one of our favorite pastimes, kickball!! Yup, the big 'ole red bouncy school yard ball rolled and flew through the air starting Sat morning at Overlook Park and ended Sunday evening all in honor of the Oregon Food Bank. Raising money and awareness for our community. All the sore muscles on Monday were worth it!

Things I knew before we signed up to play in this game...

Things I didn't know until after we signed up for this game...

* The current record for the Longest Kickball game...was 24hrs until some Kicking for Christ team came in a few weeks ago and played for 31 hours...see ya Jesus, you didn't stand a chance!

* That we couldn't leave the field after the time clock started. In fact, we couldn't go outside a 20 foot radius of the field...the bathrooms were in that proximity though.

* That I would need a dog-sitter...I just assumed we could leave when we weren't playing

* NO ALCOHAL...the whole game!!! This was def for the best, but still a shocker when we found out!








Things I found out during the game...



Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

We're Winning!!We're Winning!!
We're Winning!!

9 minutes in and we take our only lead of the entire game!! Woohoo!! 1-0
Abby & MiaAbby & Mia
Abby & Mia

That was the best wedding pressie we got...inflatable loveseat!
5 hrs 25 min 31 sec...5 hrs 25 min 31 sec...
5 hrs 25 min 31 sec...

and we're tied at 29 in the 49th Inning!
Super fans Lipsey & Fun Sarah!Super fans Lipsey & Fun Sarah!
Super fans Lipsey & Fun Sarah!

In the hole in the loveseat...it just felt right!


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb