Random Vandalism


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
November 30th 2007
Published: November 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the road to Portland, we wanted Talula to get out and run around to expense some of her energy, so we stopped at a rest stop around Roseburg, Oregon. However, she was off the leash and decided to find a pile of crap to role in and eat. It was not fun to wash her with bottles of our water in the freezing cold. She was so bitter for the ride up to Portland.

We arrived in Portland last night to a heavy downpour of rain. The foreshadowing couldn't have been more perfect.

I woke up this morning to Jason telling me to get up because someone broke into the car. We parked in a gated parking garage in our friends apartment building, thinking it would be safe. Some tool smashed the rear window out and the windows of 5 other cars. Fortunately, for us they didn't take anything valuable, that I can tell, just my change purse with about 10 bucks worth of dimes and nickels. But the contents of our car was thrown all around the parking lot and they cut off the Thule cargo bag that was strapped to the roof- full of clothes and odds and ends. I guess they didn't like my fashion sense.

It could have been a lot worse. Just a headache and out 280 bucks to fix the window. Two days into my trip! So, the advice of never leaving anything in your car when traveling is a damn good one. It is worth the extra time to empty the contents of your car if you can.

Plus, the weather man has informed me that Portland is going to get "a once in a decade" mega storm starting on Saturday. Fantastic! Winds of up to 70 mph with snow.



Advertisement



1st December 2007

Boooo!
Those vandals will get some sort of karmic revenge upon them.
6th December 2007

hey
So where are you now? Still in portland ruffing it out in the storm? It's been snowing here, cold as hell!!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb