Coos Bay, OR


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Coos Bay
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Traveled from Florence to Coos Bay yesterday. The road was a bit more inland than from Newport to Florence...that one was "cliff side" most of the time and white-knuckle driving...much better a bit inland on the nerves!!! We parked at the Mill Casino parking lot (free) and took the car to go explore the area. We went out to the coast and listened to the sea lions (it was pretty foggy...you could just barely see them on the rocks off-shore). Tromped around the state park at the end of the road...definitely needed polarized sun glasses!!! When we came back through Charleston, the bridge was up, so we stopped for a cup of clam chowder and a beer. It was just a little "hole in the wall" place, but they had a fabulous chef and the chowder was actually "award winning"!! I apologize, but I didn't write down the name of the place...will have to work on that!!!

Came back to the coach and G had a little siesta...then in to the Casino so I could surf and G could play cards. We had a nice burger at their bar and called it a night.

Today we're headed to the Oregon Vortex outside of Grants Pass.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb