Oregon Vortex


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Grants Pass
July 17th 2010
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Drove from Coos Bay to Grants Pass today. We were interested in checking out the "Oregon Vortex". It was about 10 miles from GP, basically out in the mountains...The center of the vortex had what was originally an assay office for the gold miners in the area. It was a bit freaky...you stood basically at about a 45 degree angle to feel like you were standing up straight...the tour took about an hour, but was mostly made up of measuring people outside the old building as the optical illusion there was that even if they were the same height (Glenn & I, for instance), one looked much taller than the other. Also, you could have a bottle or a golf ball roll uphill inside the building...

We then ventured back to the Walmart at Grants Pass to spend the evening. We ate dinner at the Wild River Brewing and Pizza parlor. Good pizza and beer, but not much for atmosphere. We checked out JD's Sports Bar, but we were the youngest patrons in there by about 30 years, so back downtown to the Laughing Clam. 😊 The band Lizard Mafia was playing rock & roll, so we enjoyed them until they closed at 10pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb