Crescent City, CA


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Drove back across the mountains to Crescent City today. WOW...we stopped at the Collier rest area at the edge of the Redwoods state park. The road down the mountain was really narrow...more white-knuckle driving...at about 20-30 mph...which was nasty for a while, but then we got in the redwoods...WOW!!!!! AMAZING!!! They are so huge...there were autos parked in front of some of them at the side of the road, and the tree trunks were at least twice as wide as some of the pickups!!!

Then we dropped down to Crescent City, CA. Yeah!!! Finally made it to Cali!! We had checked out an RV park right on the bay, and they had room, so we stayed for $30. We're in an ocean-front lot, and have really enjoyed it...Shoreline RV Park...I highly recommend it!! We unhooked the dingy and set out to see the sights. Drove around the bay to the ocean side of town. Walked down the beach a while, then drove out to Point St. George...absolutely gorgeous view of the Pacific in action!! Hiked around the park there and took lots of pictures!!

Back into town to find town...hmmm...a bit elusive!! Many closed businesses...Glen's Restaurant is for sale...and G was ready to purchase 😊 Too many closed shop doors, tho', so we'll keep trekking south. I'm writing this a I look out the front windows of the RV and watch the pelicans diving for their dinner...tried to catch a shot of them, but I'm not good enough to get them in action...sure fun to watch them, tho'!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Battery Point LighthouseBattery Point Lighthouse
Battery Point Lighthouse

View from the right of the coach


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb