Eureka!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Eureka
July 19th 2010
Published: July 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we pulled out of our ocean-front campsite and parked the rig at the marina. We took the car to Stout Grove in the heart of the redwoods. It was about 7 miles, but winds amid the forest, so took about an hour to get there. Then we walked around the trail...awesome and somewhat prehistoric!! It was really quiet there...didn't really even hear the birds chirping...amazing how the foliage dampens the sounds...

Back in the coach and headed for Eureka. Had to stop at the beach along the way and take in the ocean!!

We arrived at the Blue Lake Casino just outside Eureka and parked for the night. Starving, so headed into town to find dinner. We stopped in Acata, but on Sunday evening there wasn't much going on. That, and while I consider myself pretty liberal, it was "hippy infested"!! There was not a soul on the streets that didn't qualify for that status...from dreads to playing Beethoven on a hand-held harp....so we stopped in the Sports Bar to see if we could get some dinner. We met an actor that was just finishing up his indi-movie about an abused boy living with homeless people...the actor was from the Bay area, so he gave us some tips on seeing the sights in the area. A good story, but no dinner available...

Drove in to Eureka and stopped at the Lost Coast Brewery. Nice beers and good sandwiches!! Will do more exploring in Eureka today 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb