1st day of 2016


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
January 1st 2016
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.7528, -73.9853

This morning we woke up and headed down for breakfast, and there was definitely some sore heads around (although not ours). Then we wrapped up warm and headed out into Times Square, stopping off on the way to browse the Disney shop. We then walked to try & book a table for dinner before the theatre but they informed us we didn't need to book and instead just turn up. So we hopped onto the Subway and headed downtown, our first port of call was City Hall.

Then we got onto the Brooklyn Bridge, this was a really cool bridge to walk along and gave amazing views of the city skyline. The bridge was packed full of people all with the same idea as us, which was frustrating as each one stopped every 10 seconds for a selfie! Once we made it across the bridge, and after a quick coffee stop, we went to the Brooklyn Bridge Park. In the park there was Jane's Carousel, which was an antique carousel, but Simon's street credit would not allow us a ride. We then walked on into the main park which gave us amazing views of not only the Brooklyn Bridge & the Manhattan Bridge, but also of the Manhattan Skyline. This was a beautiful view and you could spot a few of the famous skyscrapers most noteworthy the new One World Trade Centre.

We then headed back into Manhattan and walked along Canal Street. This was the main street through China Town, and was a definite eye opener and we were offered quite a few 'Rolex' watches (you now all know what you have for X-mas 2016). After this we headed up to Washington Square Park, which holds the impressive Washington Square Arch. Following this we decided to brave Time Square to look in a few shops and went to drool at M&M world.

Once back at the hotel, we headed for quick coffee before we headed towards the Cosmic Diner for some dinner before the theatre. We had a delicious dinner, and then headed to see The Jersey Boys. Our seats were fantastic as it was only a small theatre and the show was amazing. Then it was back to the hotel for some rest and to sing all the tunes (badly) in our sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb