Seeing One World


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
January 2nd 2016
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.7528, -73.9853

This morning after a quick breakfast we got on the subway and headed downtown. We headed down to the new One World Trade Centre as we had tickets to visit the new observatory at the top. Once we waited in the customary New York queue we got inside. There were some really interesting stories about people involved in the planning and construction of the building. The lift to the top showed a cool video depicting the development of Manhattan through the years. The views from the top were outstanding and you could get a 360 degree view of the whole city. We choose a perfect sunny day so visibility was very good.

Once we have recovered from the outstanding view, which I don't think you could ever get bored of, we headed out. This took us to the World Trade Centre Memorial Waterfalls, and although we have seen them before they are still breathtaking in their beauty, magnitude and significance.

We hopped on short subway ride and got to Battery Park, this park brought back bad memories of the massive queue to see Statue of Liberty last time we were here, but lucky for us we had conquered this already. We were here to see the Castle Clinton and to get a view of the Statue of Liberty from the safety of the park.

We then got back on the subway and headed uptown to Grand Central Station. This was by far the most beautiful train station we have visited and it was a beautiful sight to see. From here we then spent the rest of the afternoon wandering up and down Fifth Avenue looking in the shops and admiring the beautiful buildings.

After that it was back to the hotel for a rest and cheese and coffee before heading out to a pizzeria for a delicious pizza.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb