Seeing in the New Year


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
December 31st 2015
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.7528, -73.9853

This morning we woke up ready to face New York on the busiest day of the year. We had a leisurely continental breakfast in the hotel before heading out into the town.

We hopped on the subway and headed to Central Park and our first stop was The Woolmans Skating Rink - this was occupied by people who were training and seemed to be professional skaters. They were very enjoyable to watch, but as we didn't want to show the pros up we just stayed as spectators.

We walked through the park enjoying the peace and tranquility. We wondered through the park until we reached the Bethesda Fountain and the beautiful Lake. We then crossed over and walked through the Ramble which was a beautiful wooded area.

We then stumbled across the Belvedere Castle which was a beautiful structure and gave great views over the park. We then meandered our way up the great lawn and came to the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir which was a lovely walk and offered beautiful views of the Manhattan skyline.

We continued our trek up the park until we reached the other end and we had succeeded in walking the full length of Central Park!

As it was reaching midday and we had been told the streets close around noon, we headed back to the hotel. This was a task and a half and had to pass through a few police barricades.

We then took sanctuary in the hotel room and enjoyed our complimentary Prosecco and got ready for the evening festivities. We headed down to the lounge at about 5:30 and enjoyed a drink with the other hotel guests.
We were then lead down to the restaurant adjoining the hotel where we had a delicious 5 course meal whilst enjoying some marvellous entertainment.

After this it was back to the lounge for some dancing and drinks. At about 11:30 we were lead to the roof terrace which gave us an amazing view of the ball drop. The countdown was on to midnight and it lived up to expectations - the ball drop was fantastic and the whole sky was raining confetti.

It was then off to bed to dream about our New Years Resolutions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb