Day 5 - New York City, NY


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
May 25th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 29 degrees

We got up before 9:30am because they have a free breakfast on here the the hotel.
We had showers and made our way on the subway to Battery park to catch the Ferry out to the Statue of Liberty.
It was already quite warm by this time, especially on the train.
Luckily we had prebooked midday tickets as the line was massive, it went in loops through battery park.
We got on and over to the island in no time.
Went up to thepedistal and took lots of photos, climbed the 156odd steps up there but got some really good shots.
When we got back to Battery Park we caught subway to Wall St, got a few photos there, found the big bull, took some funny pics then got back on the subway to Brooklyn Bridge.
We walked to the centre of it in the boiling sun and it was soo worth it, very pretty.
After we got back on the subway and went to Soho for some shopping, i didnt buy much at all.
Then caught the subway back to the hotel, got changed and headed to the Ambassador Theatre for 'Chicago'.
It was very good and staring in it tonight was Matthew Settle, aka Rufus Humphreys from TV's Gossip Girl.
After the show they have 'Tuesday talks' and tonight it just happened to be with him.
After than finished he came out the front and we got photos with him and he signed my 'Chicago' program...veryy cool.
After we walked around abit and now here i am doing this blog at 2am as i cant sleep.
Its been a very busy day, but a good one. Weather is hot again tmw... yay!
mich xoxo
PS. Rodney, the hotel is good, Comfort inn times square south. Great location, free breaky, clean rooms and good price.

Advertisement



26th May 2010

Did you do the Brooklyn Bridge last time? I can't remember if you did or not. It's so fantastic isn't it? Great views when you get to the middle of both Manhattan and Brooklyn and across the river towards the Statue Of Liberty. God I miss New York!

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb