Day 6 - New York City, NY


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
May 26th 2010
Published: May 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 33, Hot!!!

Today started early for me, i got up at 8am even though i was up til after 2am. Got up, had a shower and made my way to Madison Square Garden to book a tour, tours started at 11am and the other two were doing the sex and the city tour (borrrrrrrring). So i did the tour.
Madison Square Garden was amazing. They took us though the locker rooms of the Rangers and the Pheonix and through the corporate suites (very nice) and it gave me a small insight on what i had to look forward to tonight.
After the tour i went our and down onto 34th street for some shopping. Got a few pieces here and there then made my way on the subway to 5th ave/59th to meet up with Ron and Mary.
They weren't there yet so i ventured into Henri Bendal's and bought some earrings and then went into Tiffanys, resisted in there this time.
Met up with Mary and Ron but they wanted to go and do a bike ride around central par, as i did the park last time and it was 33 degrees i politely declined and made my way back to the hotel but detoured to times square on the way to get some souveniers (mel and mum i got ur nail files)
After i had a quick shower, we got some dinner and Mary and i headed out to New Jersey to see Bon Jovi.
We had to catch two trains out there, only took about 25minutes.
We arrived just after the start only to discover that Train were their support, bonus! They were really good live.
Then came the big guns. Bon Jovi enters the stage.
They did all the big ones and then some... 2.5 hours straight, finished with fireworks then came out with an encore of dead or alive and living on a prayer... it cant be beat!!
We caught the train backk and got bak to the hotel at after midnight. stopped off at a chicken shop on the way..mmm fried chicken.
We got back and got ron out of bed and went for a walk to times square. there was so many people around coz it was still really warm. we left times square after 2:30am and here i am typing this up. bed time now as we have a neighbourhoods tour at 9:30a.
night all! xoxo

Advertisement



28th May 2010

hi guys
what a fantastic holiday you are all having, your blog is bringing back some great memories for me. I will have to head back to new york, maybe next year. sorry you had a tummy bug though, you poor thing, how unfortunate was that. never mind it is past now, lucky Ron and Mary didn't catch it from you. have a great time - take care of each other love Gizelle :) xx
28th May 2010

Aww, so pleased the show was great hun! I bet finishing on Living On A Prayer practically took the roof off! It's so anthem-y! lol x x
29th May 2010

Soooooo Jealous of all of it but especially Bon Jovi.

Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb