Day 4 - Los Angeles to New York City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
May 24th 2010
Published: May 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys, sorry it took a while to update these, lack of time and net makes it hard but ill still be typing them all up, may just have to post them all at once.

Temp: 26 degrees
After spending the majority of our overnight flight with the flight attendants at the rear of the plane due to my sickness i felt like death warmed up once we arrived at Phillidelphia Airport for our transfer flight to La Guardia Airport in New York. The flight attendants were lovely, they suggested trying some flat coke as apparently they used to sell just coke syrup here for upset stomachs (i think it helped me a little). When we boarded in Philly i couldn't believe how small the plane was, only 4 people wide... and only had one flight attendant.
When we arrived in New York it was quite overcast but still not as cold as it was in LA... who'd have guessed it would be warmer here than in sunny Californina?!
We caught the shuttle to Times Square then walk the 3 blocks to out hotel.
We arrived in at about 10am and check in wasnt until 3 so we had to ditch our bags with reception and wander the streets on NYC in yesterdays clothes with no sleep and, for me, a continued dodgy stomach.
As we were thown out of schedule i decided to take Ron and Mary on the subway down to the former World Trade Centre site and Century21. Mary went nuts in Centure 21, for anyone who doesnt know, it is several levels of designer everything at like 40-70% off. I bought a couple lil things but then we got ovver the crowds. Went to the a lil place just up the road for lunch but once again didnt have an appetite... so we caught subwey back up to 50th street then walked to the Rockafeller Centre to do the Top of the Rock Observatory.
It wasnt the clearest of days but the photos still turned out pretty well.
After this we headed back to the hotel for a 1hr snooze then showered and made out way down to Pier 83 to do our 'Harbour lights Tour'. I had already done thing last time but it was brilliant so was happy to do it again. By this time, most of the clouds had disappeared and it turned into a really beatiful evening. It went for 2 hours and we cruised down the Hudson River, out to the Statue of Liverty, back and up the other side of Manhattan and under both the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges.
It was such a good night for it.
After this we walked back to get $1 pizza for dinner, i vow to no longer eat that rubbish, thank goodness i was feeling better today and it hasnt affected me... Yet!!
After this we came back to our hotel room planning on having an earliesh night only to swith on the news and see that the World Premiere for the Sex and the City 2 movie was on at Radio City Concert Hall.
We chucked our shoes back on and rand 3 blocks up to Fifth Av then another approx 10 bloccks down to Radio City.
There was people and NYPD officers everywhere. we went round to the side entrance and after about 5 mins off waiting who did we see waving out her window as she drove off in the car but Sarah Jessica Parked hersel... i have got a photo but its a little blurry but u can still tell its here. Ron said hubby Matthew Broderick was in next to her but i honestly didnt see him.
So we arnt doing too bad at all with the celebraty spotting..
After that, and the decent walk back to the hotel we chilled for abit before the others have gone to bed and im sitting here writing this for all you fine people to read.
We're heading out to the statue of libery tmw, the brooklyn bridge, wall street and then we have Chicago on Broadway in the night.. who knows what after that.
Hope all is well at home, the weater is getting really nice here, apparently its gonna be quite a few warm days ahead, yay!
Mich xoxo


Advertisement



Tot: 0.438s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb