Day 6 - New York (Day # 1)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 20th 2012
Published: June 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wow today is a scorcher. Brilliant sunny skies and forecast of 35 degrees. We had breakfast downstairs, then walked to Madame Tussauds to collect our tickets for City Sights NY Pass.

This 3 day pass gives us access to hop on hop off bus that does two loops of Manhattan (Downtown and Uptown / Harlem). We also get 2 escorted bus tours (Night Tour and Brooklyn Tour). They also give you Ferry ride to Liberty Island and Ellis Island to see Statue of Liberty and finally we get a ticket to the Observation Deck at Rockefeller Centre and a 90 minute harbor cruise (all for $81-).

After getting our tickets we caught the Metro down to South Ferry to meet up with Dave & Michelle to get the ferry to Statue of Liberty. We had planned to be there by midday but Michelle called to say they were caught in traffic. We decided to go anyway. Awesome sight and got some great photos leaving Manhattan.

We got off the Ferry and walked around the Statue of Liberty and it was fithly hot. Decided to get back on the next Ferry. Dave and Michelle were on this Ferry so they stayed on and we went back to Manhattan together. We had lunch at a traditional New York Deli where I had a Sandwich with Prosciutto, Salami, Mozarella, Tomato and Lettuce. (I had the hero size for an extra $1-). Yummy !

We then caught green line train from Bowling Green back to Grand Central then connected to 51st Street which was two blocks from our Hotel.

Later we walked to Times Square where we had dinner across from Madame Tussaud's then caught the Night Bus Tour which went downtown across Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn then back to Manhattan finishing at Times Square. The narrator was excellent (Kerry said he sounded like Liberace), the buildings and architecture are so diverse and there are people and yellow cabs everywhere ! The tour finished around 10PM so since we were exhausted we caught a cab back to Hotel. The temperature at this time was still around 32 degrees.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb